Chana Dal Barfi’s Ingredients
- 2 cup chana daal
- 2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup ghee
- 4 – 5 cardamon
- 1 small cup coconut powder
- 5 – 6 Almond
- 1 cup water
* 1 Cup = 150 gm or ml.
Chana Dal Barfi making method
- First clean the chana dal. Boil the dal in pressure cooker till 2 whistle.
- After boiling the dal, add dal in sieve and take all the water drains, keep in mind that there is no water in the dal. Keep aside for 20 minutes . In the meantime prepare the sugar syrup.
- Put sugar in a pan and keep the water in boiling and mix well.
- As soon as water starts to boil , add green cardamon.
- The sugar syrup we have to make 1.5 strings, our sugar syrup ready.
- Now, we have to make a corse paste by grinding dal , (It should not be a smooth paste).
- Put ghee in a pan and heat it, add dal paste, to the pan and stir continuesly till cooked properly and become golden.
- After roasting of dal, now add sugar syrup to it , cook properly till the ghee saprates and moisture dries up.
- Now add coconut powder in it and mix it well and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes, now turn off the gas.
- Now take the prepared mixture in a plate and decorate it with coconut and almonds, after 30 minutes you cut it in your desired shape,chana dal barfi is ready.
- Quantity of Sugar can also adjust according to your liking
- You can take any dried fruits you like.