Red chili pickle famously relates with Banaras “varanasi” situated in uttar pradesh , india. It is very tasty and easy to prepare. This pickle is prepare in every household in uttar pradesh . Varieties of pickles are prepared in the winter season in the country i.e., lemon pickle, ginger and chili pickle, yam pickle, mix vegetable pickle.Pickle is very necessary in every thali which is prepared regionally, more than a vegetable. Today, we’r going to prepare step by step our very famous and delicious stuffed whole red chili pickle. It is a combine flavor of spiciness , tangyness . lets start making my version of my mothers recipe of red chili pickle.
Red chili pickle’s Ingredients:
- Whole red chili- 15-16
- Sunflower oil- 2 cup
- Asofoetida- 1/4 tbspn
- Mustard seeds-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 cup
- Fennel- 2 tbspn
- Dried mango pwd- 1/2 cup
- Nigella Seeds- 2 tbspn
- Cumin -2 tbspn
- Turmeric powder- 1½ tbspn
- Salt- 2-3 tbspn
Red chili pickle’s preparation method:
- Properly wash whole red chili in running water and wipe with a clean towel.
- Leave the chilies in open sunlight for 1-2 hours to avoid moisture and unpleasant smell.
- Now prepare the stuffing to fill inside the chilies.
- First of all clean all the spices properly , there should not be any foreign particles in the spices.
- Dry roast all the spices one by one in a pan without using oil or ghee.( Except Nigella seeds)
- First roast cumin seeds in pan, following Fenugreek seeds, and Mustard seeds till aroma starts coming out.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai , add asfoetida and switch off the flame.
- Grind all the roasted spices one by one in a mixer grinder . Cool down the oil.
- Remove the stems and deseed the chili with the help of a back of the spoon.
- Now in a big flat utensil add salt turmeric and dried mango powder one by one and add warm oil into it. Mix all of the spices properly with the hot oil mixture.
- After that stuff each red chili one by one with the spice mixture properly.
- Place in a glass jar container and pour cooked mustard oil into the container .
- Place the jar in sunlight for at least 1 week . Within some days it will be ready to use.
Tip:- Don’t use uncooked oil for pouring in the pickle. Always use cooked oil just like directed in the above recipe.