Moong dal – 1 cup
Ghee – 1.5 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Almond – 8
Kaju. – 8
Badaam – 8
Khaskhas – 1 tbsp
Rava -1 tbsp
For sugar syrup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Saffron – 8 to 10
Cardamom powder – 5 cardamom
Take a pan and add the water and sugar . boiling for 4 to 5 minutes. Then add the saffron water and boiling for 2 minutes and stop the stove. Then keep in side.
Roasted dry fruits method
Take a pan melt the 2 tbsp ghee .just lightly hot and add the poppy seeds to stir fry continuosly .then add all dry fruits and roasted to 3 to 4 minutes. Keep in side.
Moong dal paste
1. Soak the moong dal in enough water over night 4 to 5 hours.
2. Drain and then grind the moong dal to smooth paste without water.
Making moong dal halwa
1. Melt ghee in a non-stick pan, add the rava and mil well and then added to grinded moong dal ,stir well.
2. Keep on string the halwa on a low flame. The halwa has the raw aromaon on moong lightly and it should go away completely before you start the next step ,so till then you have to stir and cook the halwa.
3. The halwa first is pasty then start getting lampy and then start breaking down and getting separated. the fat releasing from the side , break the lumps while stirring.
4. Meanwhile then the halwa cook and add the milk, continually stir the halwa then releasing the ghee and stop the stove and cool the moong dal halwa and grind the smooth paste.mixer is ready.
5. Melt ghee in a non-stick pan and add the moong dal paste stir well.
6. Meanwhile when the halwa is cooking ,add the sugar syrup so that the low flam, heat the sugar syrup mixed come to boil.
7. The moong dal halwa mixture should reach a granular consistency. you should get a fried aroma from halwa lentil and the colour become a light golden.the fat also should get spareted.
8. Stirr well simmer and cook stirring often.
9. The liquid should get absorbed and once again you will see in ghee getting separated.
10. Lastly add the roasted dry fruits to mix well.
11. Serve moong dal halwa is ready and you can also garnishing the dry fruits.
- Ghee quantities is you choice.
- Rava or besan is optional and because of adding .
- For more sweetness add the sugar .